HIPAA - Notice of Privacy - effective September, 2018
Your privacy is important to us, and maintaining your trust and confidence is one of our highest priorities. Five River Carpenters Health and Welfare Fund and Eastern Iowa Fringe Benefit Funds, Inc. respect your right to keep your personal information and your personal health information confidential and understand your desire to avoid unwanted solicitations or unwanted release of information to non-concerned parties without your consent. We have always protected your right to privacy.
You should know that all information that we receive regarding you and/or your dependents is held in confidence, and is not released to persons outside the Fund or Eastern Iowa Fringe Benefit Funds, Inc., the Fund's Third-Party Administrator, except as set out below:
- Nonpublic personal information is made available to our insurance carriers for purposes of evaluating and paying claims.
- Information may be disclosed to the extent required by law for the determination of whether or not a claim is covered under worker's compensation or under the Fund's Schedule of Benefits.
- Information, but not identification, may be disclosed to medical personnel engaged by the Fund and/or the Third-Party Administrator for purposes of determining the appropriateness of a claim.
- Information would be made available to those persons to whom you direct the Fund and/or the Third-Party Administrator to make such information available.
- Information is made available under circumstances where we are legally required to disclose such information such as pursuant to a Court Order or a subpoena.
In order to guard your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the confidentiality requirements mandated by law.
If you have any questions regarding privacy issues, please do not hesitate to contact the Fund Office at (319) 366-3623.
Trustees of Five River Carpenters
Health and Welfare Fund and
Eastern Iowa Fringe Benefit Funds, Inc.