Home Board of Trustees Financial Reports Newsletters Documents and Forms Plan Detail/Description Frequently Asked Questions Links Benefits Contact Us

Contractors Laborers Teamsters & Engineers

Benefits to Build On!

The CLT&E Trustees recognize that the benefit package they provide is an important part of your overall wage package. Contractors and Union Officials alike work to ensure that the program provides the benefits needed to protect you and your family from financial difficulties as a result of unforeseen and unwanted medical expenses. The Trustees are proud to be able to offer a full complement of benefits under the CLT&E Health and Welfare Plan.

As you review the information provided, you will note that benefits are available in the following areas. Be sure to check the Summary Plan Description for details.


Health & Welfare Fund

See Benefit Highlights:
Medical
Dental
Vision
Death Benefits
Short-term Disability


Pension Fund

See Benefit Highlights




Health & Welfare Benefit Highlights

Medical

In-Network Benefits Out-of-Network Benefits
Annual Deductible
- For one person
- For your family

$350
None

$1,000
None
Out-of-Pocket Maximum
- For one person
- For your family

$2,500
$5,000

$4,000
$8,000
Co-Insurance Split 80 / 20 60 / 40

Please note that the Co-insurance split is how the Plan shares the cost with the Member. In a 80/20 split, the Plan pays 80% of eligible charges and the member pays the remaining 20%. Also know that the Plan provides benefits and services in many medically related areas, including prescription drugs, chiropractic services, preventive care services, mental health and substance abuse.


Dental

No Network Necessary
Annual Deductible
- For one person
- For your family

None
None
Annual Benefit $600 per person

Vision

No Network Necessary
Annual Deductible
- For one person
- For your family

None
None
Annual Benefit $200 per 2-year period, per person

Death Benefits

Death Benefit
- For the Member
- For the Spouse
- For each Child

$20,000 Death & $20,000 AD&D
$3,000
$1,000 age 6 months to 19/26 if enrollment form is turned in

Short-Term Disability

Weekly Benefit
- Occupational Injury or Illness
- Non-Occupational Injury or Illness

None
$250


See theHealth & Welfare Summary Plan Description.



Pension Benefit Highlights

In addition to a comprehensive Health & Welfare Plan, the Contractors, Laborers, Teamsters and Engineers benefit program includes a traditional pension plan to help you meet your retirement needs.

Generally, the value of your retirement benefit depends on your length of service (years of credited service), the amount contributed on your behalf and at what age you begin receiving the benefit.

Provided you have at least one hour of service on or after October 1, 1998 you shall be 100% vested with a nonforfeitable right to a benefit under the Plan after five (5) years of Future Service. (Generally, participants need 1000 hours to receive a full year of credited service.)

As you might expect, the Pension Plan is highly regulated and complex. Be sure to look through the Summary Plan Description for more detail. For more recent information concerning the financial condition of the Plan and how that affects your benefits, be sure to review the more recent news letters and financial documents as well.

See thePension Summary Plan Description.

This web site is maintained by Innovative Software Solutions, Inc.